First Christian Church of Beardstown is prayerfully seeking a full-time Senior Pastor.
Located along the Illinois River in the diverse community of Beardstown, Illinois, First Christian Church is rooted in scripture and founded on principles of the Restoration Movement. We currently average 200 people between our two services each Sunday. FCC Beardstown is blessed to partner with our school, Beardstown Christian Academy, which serves 150 students spanning grades PK-12.
FCC Beardstown’s Mission: Bringing people to an ever-growing relationship with Jesus
Our ideal candidate is a believer, an ordained minister of New Testament Christianity of excellent character, and experienced in a wide range of pastoral duties and types of interactions with a multi-generational congregation.
Senior Pastor Job Duties
- Prepare and present weekly sermons
- Be involved in educational ministry – Sunday school, Bible studies, and other teaching opportunities
- Support evangelism and all areas of the church’s ministry programs
- Administrative guidance for First Christian Church office staff
- Partner with the Beardstown Christian Academy administrator
- Attend Elder/Deacon meetings and prepare agendas
- Maintain regular office schedule and office hours
- Personal calls, visits, encouragement, hospital visits, Biblical counseling, referrals to professional counseling when necessary
- Perform weddings, funerals, and baptisms as called up
- Maintain and progress in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Maintain and progress in wholesome family life in regards to time, attitude, and commitment, including the family’s participation within the church as a family unit.
A more detailed job description can be found on our website at www.fccbeardstown.org
Please submit a current resume, letter of interest, statement of faith, and links to online sermons to: firstname.lastname@example.org