Pastor of Youth and Outreach is here to help kids, students and families find Jesus and teach them to be his lifelong followers.
The pastor’s direct report is to the Senior Pastor and will also works closely with all team leaders to ensure that kids, students and families are all being most efficiently reached within the church.
- Make your personal relationship with Jesus your number one priority and model him to the world
- Make your relationship with your family your number two priority
- Be in active relationships with un-churched, de-churched, and unbelieving people
- Help WCC fulfill the mission of reaching those far from Jesus and teaching them to be his lifelong followers
- Be involved in students’ lives outside of the church (i.e., attending ball games, 4H shows, attending school lunches, etc.)
- Be connection point between youth and families
- Overall responsibility for leading WCC Youth and Outreach
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Preach at least quarterly on Sunday Morning.
- Consistently tithe to WCC
- Regularly promote WCC on social media
- Attend all WCC events as available
- Pursue personal leadership and growth
- Find and meet with a mentor
Lead WCC Youth Ministry (75% of full time)
- Lead, shepherd and grow WCC Youth Ministry
- Provide weekly experience for students grade 6-12 on a weekly basis
- This experience will include, but not be limited to, fun games; a time of worship led by a worship team or some other effective method; a creative Biblical message; help of a volunteer team.
- Coordinate teaching series for WCC Youth Ministry
- All series should be practical and Biblical
- Weekly Supervise/Lead Sunday School/Small Groups for WCC Youth
- Work closely with youth Sunday School leaders to make sure they have material needed or lead those groups
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers for WCC Youth Ministry
- Responsible for recruiting volunteer leaders
- Volunteers of both sexes must be recruited to ensure gender based groups can happen when needed.
- Train Volunteers to meet the needs of students
- Ensure all volunteers have had background screening
Lead Williamstown Christian Church Outreach Ministry (25% of Full-Time)
- Lead, shepherd, and grow WCC Outreach Ministry
- Plan, recruit, and implement annual outreach opportunities
- This experience will include, but not be limited to: Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat, Walkthrough Bethlehem.
- Ensure Social Media plan is implemented weekly Facebook
- Ensure daily posts are uploaded by contacting proper people and helping them to get posts up.