Oak Grove Christian Church is looking for a part-time Youth Minister. We are a small church but we have an active children’s/ youth program. We need someone who can organize a youth program and help our kids grow in Christ. The part-time youth minister is someone deeply in love with Jesus Christ, who has a desire to further God’s Kingdom and edify Christ’s church, through investing in and nurturing God’s children. This person will have a passion to share Jesus with children of all ages, but they will have special interest in the growth and instruction of kids from 6th to 12th grade. We have kids that are in the middle school age that need someone to lead them into a deeper faith.
The youth minister will be an integral part of the ministry team at Oak Grove Christian Church, working with the senior minister, youth committee, and under the leadership and spiritual guidance of the Elders and Deacons. Christian Church/Church of Christ experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee and coordinate birth through 12th grade programs, curriculum and special events throughout the year
• Teach 6th through 12th grade Sunday school and develop a Sunday Night Youth Group
• Provide creative, fun, encouraging, and safe environment for ministry
• Recruit, encourage, and train volunteers
• Prepare and manage a ministry budget
• Develop and implement ways to assist and equip parents in the spiritual development of their children
• Work with the children’s ministry volunteers to maintain uniform presentation of the Gospel of Christ throughout different grade levels
• Develop goals and activities on a monthly and annual basis
• Other duties as assigned by the Elders
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $250 weekly – this salary is to be reviewed annually with the Elders during performance evaluation, at which time they will discuss salary increase.
Please send your resume’ to our Minister Jeff Curtis at email@example.com