Millersburg Christian Church is a multi-generational church with an emphasis on reaching and growing young families. Our mission as a church is to: “Live as Faithful Followers of Jesus: Praying Like Jesus, Loving Like Jesus, and Serving Like Jesus at home, at work, in the community, and beyond.”
MCC is located in the most beautiful part of Ohio. We are a small town but surrounded by beautiful scenery and Amish farms.
MCC is a financially stable church and debt-free. We are in the middle of a 3-year capital campaign and plan on building a new facility in the next three years.
We currently have a full-time Lead Minister, part-time Worship Minister, and a part-time secretary. We are looking for someone that is not only passionate about ministry, but that has a passion about reaching into the community and making God known.
- A committed follower of Christ that is continually drawing closer to God through the spiritual disciplines.
- A disciple-maker that leads others into a personal relationship with God.
- Someone passionate about making God known, and a strong desire to build bridges into the community.
- An emotionally and relationally mature individual who is prepared for the highs and lows of ministry.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Agreement with the ideals and doctrines normally embraced within the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
- Possesses vision, creativity, and enthusiasm to build a ministry to children/students.
- Able to share the Gospel accurately to all age levels.
- Prior experience in leading volunteers, preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field from a Christian college is preferred.
This position oversees and leads all ministry to children and students from birth through 12th Grade.
- Weekly Ministry
- Ensure that the regular weekend Children’s Worship Services and midweek programs at MCC are properly supplied and equipped so that the Children/Student Ministry teams can effectively minister to our children/students.
- Oversee the teaching by helping choose curriculum and studies.
- Meet with the Sr. Minister to discuss day-to-day and long-term planning/needs.
- Develop and implement policies for volunteers that include safety practices, position descriptions, and expectations.
- Recruit volunteers for Children/Student Ministry positions.
- Plan and coordinate a regular training program for all Children/Student Ministry volunteers.
- Observe, evaluate, and affirm volunteers to help them understand their strengths and to encourage them.
- Regularly celebrate and appreciate volunteers.
- Potential to lead future children/student part-time staff.
- Work with Sr. Minister to plan and prepare events/opportunities designed to connect us to the communities that we are serving in.
- Find ways to volunteer in the community and seek additional opportunities for outreach and service.
- Connect with local schools, nonprofits, and churches to find ways we can partner with them.
- Work with Sr. Minister to plan and prepare events designed to pull our families together in regular fellowship.
- Communicate with children/students in a way that gets them excited about “Living as Faithful Followers of Jesus.”
- Communicate with parents regularly about student ministries
- Regularly communicate with the volunteers.
- Be available for both parents and volunteers if they have any questions, suggestions, concerns, etc.
- Communicate with the church body to get them excited about the mission and vision of our Children/Student Ministries and to help them celebrate the successes that they make possible.
- Competitive salary
- $3,000 Health Savings Account contribution
- Church pays 85% of Health Insurance
- 3% salary match for retirement
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume via the “Apply Here” link above or mail both to:
125 N. Clay St
Millersburg, Ohio 44654