The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision.
- Cultivate a culture of modern and relevant worship that reflects the vision and style of Lifepoint Church.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead the congregation through a gospel-centered service flow of songs, prayers, readings, and the use of appropriate art forms and creative elements that are consistent with the culture of Lifepoint Church.
- Build strong relationships with volunteers on your team and members of the church.
- Responsible for the scheduling, resourcing, recruiting, training, and development of musicians and worship leaders on the worship team and ensuring they are equipped to serve the church with excellence.
- Coordinate with the Production Director in maintaining, organizing, and setting up the stage and sound booth for all services and events.
- Responsible for assisting the Production Director in the oversight and execution of Lifepoint’s Digital Ministry (Livestream, Social Media, Mailchimp/email campaigns, etc.).
- Ensure that all songs, lyrics, prayers, readings, and art forms are theologically accurate and in alignment with Lifepoint Church’s beliefs and core values.
- Commitment to lead and serve the worship team and church by upholding and modeling the agreed-upon worship team expectations.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Continue to develop your personal musical proficiency.
- Be a team player willing to jump to help serve when needed or requested.
- Commitment to be a member in good standing of Lifepoint Mount Vernon.
- Commitment to a daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- Commitment to seasons of fasting and prayer.
- Commitment to tithing to Lifepoint as a way of modeling biblical stewardship.
- Commitment to attend Weekend Gatherings with your family.
- Commitment to uphold the policies and procedures of Lifepoint Church.
- Commitment to model the qualifications of an overseer/elder as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Commitment to living in community with believers through a Lifegroup.
- Commitment to be involved in global missions trips.
- Commitment to creating family margins within ministry.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Lifepoint Church.
- Excellent in leading vocally and with an instrument.
- Relationally engaging with others.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- A creative-minded person that has a desire to think outside of the box.
- Has a working knowledge of running tracks through Ableton, Prime, Playback, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Preferred candidates will have relative experience leading in some kind of capacity in a relative church to Lifepoint.
Reports to: Lead Pastor