Parkview Christian Church is looking for a worship minister to develop programs that will enhance individual and corporate worship and glorify Christ through music and related arts.
- Lead and direct the planning, preparation, performance, recruiting, and evaluation of a comprehensive worship program.
- Supervise the work of any assigned paid professional or volunteer musicians.
- Enlist and train leaders for the worship ministry team and volunteers to be vocalists, instrumentalists, sound, stage design, live stream, and tech team.
- Coordinate schedules for volunteers to fill all necessary roles in the worship services and special seasonal programs.
- Serve as a potential resource for Youth & Children’s Worship teams, and provide guidance to the other ministry teams that participate in the worship services.
- Serve as Ministry Team Leader for the Worship Ministry Team regarding objectives, goals, finances, equipment, programs, and Spiritual leadership.
- Oversee the training, operation, maintenance, and scheduling of operators for the worship center sound, lighting, live stream, and computer systems.
- Plan and present the budget for the worship ministry; recommend resources for leaders and participants of music, drama, and worship services.
- Provide music for weddings, funerals, special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities upon request and as available.
- Recruit and/or audition participants and leaders for all areas of worship.
- Provide organization and maintenance of the equipment storage areas.
- Select and oversee the purchase of printed and recorded music, resources, musical instruments and equipment, and proper licensing of copyrighted material.
- Maintain current website information and content.
- Communicate regularly with elders and in conjunction with their guidance, direct and oversee such tasks that may be assigned to him from time to time.
OTHER PASTORAL ROLES
- Share in membership visitation regarding specific needs, i.e. hospitalization, crisis, death in the family, sickness, evangelism, and other special needs.
- Participate in weekly sermon study in preparation for Sunday’s services.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to coordinate schedules and upcoming events.
- Participate in, teach, speak, or lead Sunday school, small groups, Bible studies, and sermons as needed and available.
- Be available, on a limited basis, as a possible resource person for activities outside of the church with approval of Senior Minister and Eldership.
- Be involved with local ministers and events in the community.
- Communicate with Elders about the Worship Ministry; participate in monthly Elder/Staff meetings and be prepared to lead and supervise special tasks that may be assigned from time to time; participate in the Elder Bible study that is designed to train and equip church leaders.
PRINCIPAL ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
- Is under the general direction of the Senior Minister.
- Directs the audition, selection, recruitment, and training of musicians, singers, and other volunteers.
- Consults with Senior Minister for advice and assistance and works in support of the Ministers on staff by encouraging, collaborating, and offering advice.
- A man of God whose life strives to achieve high standards of Christian character.
- Shall have a Christ-like attitude; maintain congenial leadership manners for developing compatible relationships and joyful worship.
- A member of the Christian Church or Church of Christ.
- Holds a BA or BS Degree in Worship or equivalent from approved Bible College or Seminary.
- Has sufficient experience and energy to lead worship.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with and lead all age groups of the congregation.
- Demonstrates sufficient musical skill to effectively lead worship.
- Demonstrates organizational skills to carry out required tasks.
- Dedicated to winning people to Christ and deepening their faith.
- An encouraging and supportive member of a unified team ministry.
- Shall have a passion for ministry, be highly motivated and energetic, a self-starter with a supportive family.
- Maintains spiritual growth/health by attending conferences, conventions, courses, and study.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships through open communication and respectful conduct.
- Is the spiritual head of his home, making quality family life a priority.
- Demonstrates a willingness to serve under the authority of others as well as being an authority for others.
Parkview Christian Church