The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Director to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Hilltop Church has collaborated with FrootGroup, a ministry staffing organization, to help create the following list of responsibilities and qualifications for the position:
- Oversee all worship aspects and elements of the church.
- Lead the worship service each Sunday.
- Oversee the worship and tech volunteers, and ensure a high standard of excellence of Sunday morning services.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of service production each Sunday (lighting, stage design, personnel scheduling, live-streaming, etc.)
- Oversee all equipment used in the worship space and update/upgrade equipment as needed to continue to improve the worship experience.
- Recruit, train, and develop musicians, vocalists, and tech teams to assist in executing the Sunday morning services.
- Spend significant time throughout the week building relationships with worship and tech volunteers.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to ensure worship experiences are effective and engaging.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Provide direction and leadership for the worship ministry to ensure ministry vision alignment with church vision.
- Participation in all staff/leadership meetings/retreats.
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for church leadership.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Hilltop.
- A deep love for God and a heart for leading His people to the Throne in worship.
- An outgoing personality.
- Strong vocal and musical abilities are required with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Can lead with either piano/keys or guitar, though preferably guitar.
- An understanding of modern sound, lighting, and video technologies with a willingness to grow in these areas.
- Working knowledge of software systems/platforms for worship ministry (ie: ProPresenter, Planning Center, Ableton, etc).
- High organization and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, without the need for micromanagement, and team-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Has at least 2 years of full-time experience in a relevantly sized church/ministry.
Reports to: Lead Pastor