Woodlawn Christian Church is seeking a full-time Worship Arts Minister to coordinate all aspects of music, services, and media. We are looking for a Worship Leader who has a servant’s heart and is passionate about ministry. This position would require someone to creatively arrange music and instruments, coordinate the flow of worship, and create and manage media (filming & editing photos and videos, manage social media & website).
Full-time (40 hours per week). Compensation to be determined based upon experience. If possible, please send in a link to videos of previously led worship experiences.
Coordinate and lead worship services that honor God and inspire spiritual growth and devotion to Him, supporting the overall mission of the church:
Transforming people into vibrant mature followers of Jesus Christ.
- Walk with the Lord in a life passionately devoted to God through worship.
- Create an environment of worship in services that facilitate transformation and mission.
- Vital, life-shaping worship is prayer-driven, Scripture-informed, and Spirit-filled.
- Worship services should celebrate what God is doing in and through His people.
- Primary focus is planning and leading dynamic worship designed primarily to engage younger generations and the unchurched, while also planning and leading a separate, more traditional service designed to engage older generations.
- Strengthen multi-generational and multi-cultural relationships forming one church family.
- Develop young musicians to support youth worship and weekend services.
- Engage and involve international members (Latinos, Africans, Chinese, etc.)
- Collaborate with the teaching team to creatively promote and present each message series.
- Design services that enhance the “bottom-line” (text/topic) of the day.
- Lead the worship team through prayer and practice in preparation for weekend services.
- Provide oversight, direction and assistance to the technical and media team.
- Coordinate all aspects of the production of weekend services (ushers, communion, announcements, music, videos, drama, stage design, graphics, slides, podcasts, etc.)
- Recruit, train, supervise and disciple worship ministry volunteers.
- Manage all music and video licensing, software and equipment.
- Develop and manage the worship budget.
Guest Services Coordination (20%)
- Coordinate the welcome and follow up processes for guests.
- Recruit and train guest services volunteers (Connection center, greeters, ushers, etc.)
- Communicate with the congregation to inspire an attitude of invitation and welcome.
Multimedia Coordination (20%)
- Film and edit videos for sermon bumpers, promotions, church events, etc.
- Provide oversight, directions, and assistance to the A/V team.
- Maintain and post content for church website.
- Coordinate, manage, and update social media communication.
Pastoral Care and Ministry Support (10%)
- Provide pastoral care for the worship and guest services volunteers and their families.
- Carry out ministry duties consistent with being on staff at Woodlawn (staff meetings, office hours, hospital visits, work as a team, promote a unified vision, etc.).
- Coordinate additional services (weddings, funerals, special services) as necessary.
Relationships and Roles:
- Serve under the direction of the Lead Minister and under the authority of the elders.
- Report to the Lead Minister.
- Supported by a capable office assistant, worship team, resources and equipment.
- Work alongside Woodlawn staff and ministries to carry out our relational discipleship mission.
- The position is full-time requiring at least 40 hours per week.
- The salary includes allowance for health care and housing.
- Will consider part-time for a qualified local candidate.
- Ability to lead all aspects of a worship service.
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software.
- Familiarity with lighting and filming.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Experience in programming worship elements.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Comfortable with leading from on-stage and off-stage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good personal relationship skills, particularly with volunteers.
- A heart for unity and a commitment to mutual submission.
- Ability to appreciate and execute a variety of worship styles.
- Prioritization skills and management to deadlines.
- Manage constant workflow and delegate when appropriate.
- Decision-making skills.
- Stewardship of time and talent to be responsible for all aspects of this role.
- Accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and has been baptized into Him.
(John 1:12; Mt. 10:32, 16:16; Acts 2:38)
- Has a good understanding of salvation by grace through faith.
(Eph. 2:8-10; Col 2:9-12)
- Believes the Bible to be the Word of God.
(2 Tim. 3:16)
- Demonstrates the fruit of a growing relationship with God through the Holy Spirit.
(Gal. 5:22-26; 2 Peter 1:3-11; 3:17-18)