Located in beautiful East Tennessee, Crossroads Christian Church is a cornerstone of the local community. The church was founded in 2001 and has a 28-acre campus with updated facilities. In many ways, Crossroads is the community gathering place for Gray, with our buildings and sports fields being utilized over 300 times per year by our neighbors.
The mission of Crossroads is to make following Jesus a way of life. We fulfill this charge by pursuing personal growth in our identity with Jesus, living and serving together in community, and being on mission by making an impact for the Gospel with the people in our area and beyond.
Crossroads is seeking a Worship & Arts Minister to be part of a team that works closely with the Lead Minister to create a dynamic Sunday worship experience, facilitate special worship events, and disciple fellow team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- With the guidance of the Lead Minister, the Worship & Arts Minister is responsible for developing and presenting a consistently high-quality Sunday morning worship experience for both in-person and online worship.
- Working with a creative team, is responsible for oversight and execution of special worship gatherings, including, but not limited to, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Oversees all volunteers’ recruitment, training, and development of the musicians, vocals, and tech teams.
- Serves as a member of the sermon planning team to provide insight on messaging and thematic elements.
- Coordinates with the choir director for choir involvement on Sunday morning worship services and seasonal events assisting as needed.
- Provides pastoral care for the Worship & Arts team.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of all W&A equipment and supplies.
- Must be able to provide supervision and coaching to the Worship & Arts Ministry Assistant.
Qualifications and Skills
- The right candidate must be spiritually mature, loyal, and steadfast to the truth that the Bible is the final authority.
- This candidate should have a degree in biblical or theological studies or equivalent experience.
- Candidates must learn Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, other software programs, and all technology used in worship gatherings.
- This person should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This individual should be knowledgeable of the Restoration Movement and embrace its foundational principles.
- The W&A Minister must value the culture of Crossroads and have a heart for community outreach.
- The right person for this position must exhibit Biblical knowledge and possess the wisdom to apply it with sound judgment.
- Ideally, the right candidate would have multiple years of worship ministry experience in a church the size of Crossroads or larger.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be based on education and experience.
- This position is a salaried-exempt employee of Crossroads Christian Church.
- This position is eligible for paid time off (based on experience), a flexible spending account for healthcare, and a 403b retirement plan.