First Christian Church is an imperfect group of people who have plenty of differences—and we love it that way. We’re seekers and followers who have all come to the same realization: God is for everyone, so we are too. Together we seek to follow Jesus and tell the whole world about His love for them.
We say we’re for everyone, and we mean it.
That can take many different shapes across our ministries, but the FCC Welcome Team is on the front lines of living it out as a first impression. The Welcome Associate position helps us keep hospitality front and center on Sundays and gives administrative support to the welcome team throughout the week.
Your primary focus will be to care for and intentionally build up a growing team of disciples to be leaders in Sunday hospitality and first impressions at FCC.
- Ensure all hospitality tools are on hand and prepped each week, from signage to snacks, or anything in between that helps provide high-level hospitality and consistently welcoming experiences
- Apprentice individuals to execute a high level of hospitality
- Invite new team members into mission while investing in their personal and spiritual growth
- Meet weekly with the Welcome Team
- Take responsibility for some aspects of large church or staff events.
- Participate in FCC All-Staff meetings, trainings, events, etc.
Your Work with Others.
Nobody flies solo here. We’re a dedicated staff team and are all partners in what’s happening at FCC, so we work in unison and always have each other’s back. Your part of the equation looks like this:
- Serve with other staff members on Welcome Team to achieve the big-picture purposes of the ministry
- Work within the Welcome Team to create and execute strategies for consistently high-level hospitality.
- Partner with other Welcome Associates or volunteer team members to efficiently complete all administrative tasks related to the Welcome Team. Such tasks may include, but are not limited to, coordinating with the Communications Team for signage, making notes in the church database (Arena) and performing follow-up with guests or new members.
Bonus Points. (special consideration given to candidates that also have these skills)
- Previous experience volunteering or serving on a church staff in the areas of hospitality, greeting, or welcome
- This position reports to the Welcome & Involvement Minister.
- This position is a 20 hour part-time role that serves on the Welcome & Involvement Team.
Interested applicants should send resumes and references to Laurel Guy Laurel Guy
Address: 200 E. Mountcastle Dr. Johnson City, TN 37601