Crossroads Christian Church is a 28-year-old, multi-generational church in the Kansas City suburb of Shawnee, KS. We are an independent Christian Church, part of the Restoration Movement. We have an average Sunday attendance of over 500 worshippers in our 3 services. Our mission is to bring people to Jesus Christ and to assist them in becoming His fully devoted, reproducing followers.
The primary role of the Student Pastor will be to humbly serve the Lord Jesus Christ as a staff member of Crossroads Christian Church, to work in collaboration with the rest of the staff and serve the church as a whole, with an emphasis on 6th-12th graders. This will include being focused on establishing relationships with students and their families and using those relationships to develop true lasting and reproducing relationships with Jesus Christ.
Therefore, a successful candidate must be a Christian themselves and able to fully support the statement of belief, core values and philosophy of Crossroads Christian Church.
Oversee a plan of ministry to middle school and high school aged students.
- Holding/leading a weekly service/group/study time for students.
- Strategizing, planning and implementing student ministry programs that are in keeping
with the church’s overall vision.
- Fostering a culture of discipleship and spiritual growth among middle school and high
school aged students at Crossroads.
- Getting to know and establishing a positive relationship with each young person in the
- Be readily available to students and their families during their time of crisis and need.
- Provide off-site opportunities for students, such as camps, CIY, missions trips, etc.
Develop student leadership.
- Provide students with events and activities that allow for fellowship, outreach,
discipleship, worship, evangelism and missions.
- Identify students with strong leadership skills. Train and empower them to become
servant-leaders in the church, their schools, and their communities.
- Actively integrating the students into the broader scope and life of Crossroads Christian Church
Develop, train, and build a team of adult volunteers.
The Student Pastor shall also be involved in recruiting, training, coaching and managing student ministry coaches to help fulfill the strategies laid out. The expectation is that the Student Pastor will be able to multiply him/herself through effective recruiting, training, coaching, mentoring, and empowering of volunteers. Collaborate with the staff of Crossroads in order to fulfill the vision and mission. This position will work closely with the Kid’s Ministry, in particular.
This is a full-time, salaried position. A 4-year degree from an accredited Bible College/University is required, with preference given to a Bible College/University within the Restoration Movement. This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor. If interested, please send a resume, at least 4 references, a philosophy of ministry, and your core doctrinal convictions to:
Kurt Witten, Teaching Pastor: email@example.com