Southside Christian Church is a thriving and growing congregation located in beautiful Central Kentucky. Our surrounding community is a great place to raise a family, offering: solid schools, friendly neighbors, shopping/restaurants, outdoor attractions and a rich history. We are seeking a full-time student pastor whose primary ministry focus will be students in 6th-12th grades. Although it is not required, it would be beneficial if candidates had the ability to lead worship. We currently have a talented team of student ministry volunteers who love being together & serving our students. We are seeking someone who will shepherd our existing students with the love of Christ and promote growth (spiritual & numerical). This is a full-time salary position with benefits & 401K.
The Student Pastor will be a catalyst in our #LoveLikeJesus mission. Christ’s love REACHES, EQUIPS & SENDS. The Student Pastor will strive to REACH students who are apart from Christ, EQUIP them to follow Jesus & SEND them into our community as disciple-makers.
The tasks for this position will include (but are not limited to):
– Leading Wednesday evening student ministry
– Lead student trips (CIY, Tennessee Christian Teen Convention, mission trips)
– Develop a discipleship process for students
– Team Leader of student ministry team of adult volunteers
– Enhance Southside’s online presence (website & social media)
– Pastoral care for student families & student ministry volunteers
– Be active in schools (sports, clubs, etc)
– Provide fun outreaches & events to engage students
– Oversee student ministry budget
– Be a relational team player on our staff team
Please email your resume with 3 references to Kacy@sccky.org