Thorntown Christian Church seeking a person of God called to be our pastor. We are a Bible believing, Christ centered church in central Indiana.
- Love of God must be evident in all parts of their life.
Sermons need to reflect admiration and respect for God’s Word. We value a person who seeks guidance through prayer.
- We seek a person committed to Christ’s teaching as the only way and the Bible as the sole authority.
- We desire a person to possess passion for church renewal and community outreach.
- We desire a person to have 2-5 years of experience as pastor of a church.
- We desire a person who is ordained or working towards ordination.
- The person needs to demonstrate excellent personal traits and skills in various types of communication
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The pastor will work in conjunction with the church board, staff, and elders in support of the mission / vision of the church.
- The pastor will serve as ex-officio member of the Church Board and church committees providing direction and assistance.
- The person should be able to guide and delegate responsibility.
- We value interpersonal relationship and shepherding.
- We seek a pastor who cares for church members. This person should be comfortable visiting people in their homes, hospitals, and nursing facilities.
- We value a good working relationship with the other religious denominations in our community. We value and respect their existence.
What we offer:
Our church has longevity and a positive influence in our community. Our recently retired minister served our congregation for over 32 years. We have financial stability and a beautifully, well maintained building. We are a loving congregation with many life-long members. We are a Bible centered church with the willingness to embrace change that is positive in bringing people to God.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: To be negotiated
Staff development, conferences, etc. will paid for by the congregation upon mutual agreement.
Thornton is a small rural bedroom community situated midway between Indianapolis and Lafayette. We have good infrastructures along with good community resources, such as a great public library, a K-6 award winning school, a local bank and most importantly a churched base town with several denominations that work cooperatively in worship and service. We share our resources with other denominations for the benefit of the community, such as food pantries, Thorntown Emergency Relief Fund and a youth program call WAVE.
We are one of the oldest and most stable of the various denominations in our town. we are known for being a bible based / scripture-based church that seeks to witness for the Lord and serve the community at large. We feel that we are a “look to” organization that welcome all people.
We desire a strong leader in fulfilling the Great Commission. We acknowledge the need for commitment to missionary work, both abroad and in our local community.
TCC wants to enhance our spiritual growth and bring a vibrant message to our members and community. The church building consists of the sanctuary, lower level, nursery, fellowship hall, and it is handicap accessible. We are a multi-generational congregation, providing Sunday school, Worship, Sunday evening Bible study, an active after-school youth group, and many other opportunities for personal growth and fellowship. The average Sunday attendance is 40-50.
TO APPLY: Mail: Thorntown Christian Church, 125 West Main St., Thorntown, IN 46071