Community Christian Church in New Palestine, IN is looking for a new senior minister to lead their congregation, provide pastoral care, and preach the gospel.
PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is an immersed believer.
• Submits to Scripture as the authoritative word of God.
• Continually pursues an intimate, transforming relationship with God
• Leads a life “above reproach” (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9)
• Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
• Practices healthy relational boundaries
• Practices fiscal integrity
• Healthy work ethic (balances time for work, family, and personal spiritual growth)
• Bible College Degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
• Christian Church (Restoration Movement) background strongly preferred
• Several years of ministry experience, preferably as a lead pastor
• Value prayer and hold a high view of Scripture
• Ability to understand and be led by the Holy Spirit
• Must have a strong faith, characterized by spiritual maturity, discernment, and integrity
• The Minister shall serve as the resident evangelist of the church
• The Minister, with the assistance of the Elders and Deacons, shall minister to the sick and distressed members of the congregation (including hospital visits, shut-ins, etc.)
• The Minister shall be an ex-officio member of all committees or ministry teams
• The Minister shall have voting privileges on the Church Board in all matters except the continuing or discontinuing of the Minister’s services and/or pertaining to his office
• The Minister shall have a right to expect and request the assistance and support of the congregation, the Elders, and Church Board
• Be the primary preacher/teacher on Sunday mornings
• Serve as an elder, and work closely with all other elders to identify needs of the church body
• Pray for the spiritual needs of the congregation
• Disciple and train current and future church leaders (elders and deacons)
• Pursue regular professional development (conferences, seminars, etc.)
• Be available for spiritual counseling/coaching (make referrals if necessary)
• Be available for religious ceremonies (weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.)
• Commitment to domestic/international mission trips
• Actively involved in the community.
• Willing to minister to those outside the church, as well as those who attend.
• Oversees the daily operations of the church