BGCC is praying for their next Senior Minister. They are looking for someone with humble character to be a part of their leadership team. They want someone who will become a part of the BGCC family and love the congregation well. They want someone who takes their own spiritual needs seriously and cares for their soul through prayer and time in God’s Word. These characteristics will enable them to succeed as they:
- Lead with vision
- Collaborate with the staff and elders to prayerfully form a vision plan for the church
- Call the church and its leadership to step forward in faithful pursuit of that vision
- Courageously try new ways of ministry – celebrating success and learning from failure
- Coordinate regular staff meetings and attend elders’ meetings
- Shepherd the staff
- Micromanagers need not apply! The staff is a highly motivated team who needs someone to help them identify their best ideas and focus their energy on their best projects.
- Check in on their well-being and provide regular conversational feedback.
- Set annual goals with staff members and conduct formal annual performance reviews
- Preach with conviction and clarity
- Organize a preaching calendar in advance for collaboration with the staff and worship team
- Alternate between topical and exegetical series
- Preach at least 40 weeks a year with sermons prepared that have the de-churched in mind
- Identify and resource other voices to preach, including female voices
- Speak authentically and concisely with a normal unpolished teaching voice. Preaching like a standard “preacher” will not fit at BGCC!
- Secondary Responsibilities: The Senior Minister will be asked to take on one or more of these roles based on their giftedness. The other roles will be absorbed by existing staff members:
- Provide pastoral care: Along with other staff ministers the Senior Minister will lead in providing pastoral care. Maintain a list of resources to share with congregants as they face crises
- Direct adult discipleship ministries
- Organize community group launches twice a year and regularly encourage group leaders
- Develop in collaboration with the staff & elders a leadership development system
- Manage the day-to-day business of the church
- In collaboration with the church administrator approve needed work and contracts
- In collaboration with the chairman of the elders respond to unexpected expenses and projects
For more information on how to apply, see full job description below!
Bowling Green Christian Church