Steamboat Christian Center is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Recovery Director. This person will oversee all areas of recovery in the church by helping lead people in the community from brokenness to wholeness. The Recovery Director will be responsible for implementing the recovery program and initiatives that help individuals struggling with addiction, hurts and challenges find hope, healing, and a path towards spiritual and emotional growth. In addition, they will prepare recovery-focused content and presentations for the re:gen gathering and programming. The Recovery Director will be the initial point of contact for all Recovery communication at Steamboat Christian Center.
- Overseeing and executing the re:gen program at SCC.
- Connecting and developing with all current and potential leaders for re:gen.
- Contextualizing the re:gen material for the culture of SCC and Steamboat Springs.
- Equip small group leaders to allow them to be extremely effective in the lives of those in the program.
- Be well known as a primary resource in the community and know the actual struggles that are happening in Steamboat Springs.
- Work with other organizations in the community to promote and support the addiction recovery and outreach programs.
- Create systems and pipelines to get people in need the appropriate help they need in terms of counseling, benevolence, etc.
- A strong understanding of addiction and the process towards recovery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Ability to recruit, develop and coordinate volunteers.
- Ability to self-manage and initiate tasks.
- A strong leader that can develop teams, delegate, manage, and create systems and pipelines.
- Ability to articulate and rewrite curriculum material as needed to fit the context and culture of SCC.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, and a caring and positive attitude.
A bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field is preferred.
3 – 5 years of some kind of relatable experience is desired.
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/steamboatrecovery.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.