First Christian Church is an imperfect group of people who have plenty of differences—and we love it that way. We’re seekers and followers who have all come to the same realization: God is for everyone, so we are too. Together we seek to follow Jesus and tell the whole world about His love for them.
We say we’re for everyone, and we mean it.
Middle School is a unique and exciting context for ministry, full of challenges and incredible opportunities to impact the trajectory of students’ lives. Our Middle School Ministry Resident ensures we’re partnering with parents and affirming middle school (6th-8th grade) students on their personal journeys. Your role will work with the larger Family Team to develop teaching content, organize trips and events, and assemble resources that send students out as missionaries. The Middle School Resident also resources leaders and parents with discipleship tools, counseling resources, and through advocacy.
We need someone who’s a team player with strong character and a passion for discipling students in the middle school phase.
· The Middle School Ministry Resident partners with the student minister to provide pastoral care (presence, counseling, counseling referrals, resources) for students and families that are navigating adolescence and facing crisis moments.
· The Middle School Ministry Resident partners with the student minister to partner with parents as they disciple their middle school student(s). The Middle School Ministry Resident does this by advocating for parents, connecting parents to resources, and creating spaces where middle school students are affirmed.
· The Middle School Ministry Resident partners with the student minister to equip, train, and minister to the Middle School Ministry leader team by providing vision, content, leadership resources and practical support.
Your Work with Others.
· The Middle School Ministry Resident partners with the larger Family Ministry team to develop and coordinate relevant and strategic events that move the larger mission of FCC’s Family Ministry forward.
· The Middle School Ministry Resident is responsible for administrative tasks including, but not limited to: meeting participation, timely email and phone communication, and collaboration with the Family Ministry admin.
Bonus Points. (special consideration given to candidates that also have these skills)
● Studying for a career in professional ministry.
● Is excited about the Restoration Movement and its core values.
● Has previous experience with FCC Students.
● This position reports to the Student Minister.
● This position is a part-time role that serves on the Family team.
Send Resume and References to:
Address: 200 E. Mountcastle Dr. Johnson City, TN 37601