Responsibilities and Duties
- The lead minister is the principal preaching and teaching minister responsible for developing and delivering messages. The lead minister is also responsible to coordinate with other team members to create Christ-focused worship experiences.
- The lead minister is the leader of the entire ministerial staff, being a mentor to each team member for their continued job development and spiritual growth, as well as fostering unity and support among the team.
- The lead minister works with the Elders as a catalyst for vision-casting and oversees the implementation of strategies to achieve Crossroads’ mission.
- The lead minister provides guidance and oversight for the church’s adult ministries, including Sunday school classes, small groups, and Bible studies.
- The lead minister oversees the community care needs of Crossroads including hospital visitations, home visitations, care facility visitations, counseling, marriages, and funerals.
- The lead minister is the liaison between the ministerial staff and the Elders.
Qualifications and Skills
- The right candidate must meet the qualifications of Elder as outlined in scripture: be spiritually mature, loyal, and steadfast to the truth that the Bible is the final authority.
- The lead minister would have earned an MDiv, ThM, or equivalent master’s degree from an accredited institution. Other applicants will be considered with a B.A. in biblical or theological studies if they are willing to pursue an advanced degree.
- This individual must be highly knowledgeable of the Restoration Movement and embrace its foundational principles.
- The lead minister must value the culture of Crossroads and have a heart for community outreach.
- The right person for this position must exhibit exceptional Biblical knowledge and possess the wisdom to apply it with sound judgment.
- Ideally, the right candidate would have experience serving with multiple team members and with a congregation of 1000 or more members.
Click the link above to apply. When applying, please include a resume and cover letter.
Crossroads Christian Church