Prineville Christian Church is seeking an engaging and passionate pastor; a leader who can walk alongside the members to grow God’s kingdom. A pastor candidate should be a people person, able to reach younger families while also ministering to an older congregation. We are looking for a gifted communicator and someone who is approachable, relational, humble, kind, and GENUINE!
Prineville Christian Church is a strong community and family who support each other and our larger community with active ministries and missions. We need a shepherd that will continue to lead by example and help us as our current pastor transitions into retirement.
- Provide overall vision for the direction of the ministry by working with the board and elders.
- Work with various team leaders and church staff with processes that further the ministry objective of the church.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the church.
- Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleships, stewardship, and evangelism.
- Operate as the church’s primary bible teacher and preacher, responsible for the regular bible teaching ministry of the church.
- Spend an appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in preparation for teaching opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing ministry to church members who are homebound and in nursing homes.
- Develop relationships with other churches and organizations in our community consistent with our church mission and values.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms according to the doctrinal commitments of our church.
- Counsel members and families on how to live biblically faithful lives as needed.
- Meet regularly with staff and other church leaders to disciple and train them in ministry.
- Spend time and build relationships with congregation members.
- Bible college degree or equivalent background experience is preferred.
- A growing personal relationship with Christ
- Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership.
- Excellent verbal communicator; comfortable speaking before large groups of people.
- Able to speak the truth in love and deal wisely with conflict amongst the staff and church.
- Understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s statement of beliefs.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim 3:1-13, 2 Tim 2; Titus 1:5-9)
To apply for the position: Please submit resume and letter of intent by June 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Pastor Application” or mail letter of intent and resume to: Prineville Christian Church 1685 SE Lynn Blvd Prineville, OR 97754