Position of Lead Minister
After the retirement of their current lead minister, Dobson Church of Christ is prayerfully searching for the next lead minister to teach, preach, care for, and cast vision for their congregation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The lead minister is the principal preaching and teaching minister responsible for developing and delivering messages. The lead minister is also responsible to coordinate with the music leader to create a Christ-focused worship experience.
- The lead minister works with the Leadership Team as a catalyst for vision and implementation of the church’s spiritual growth and community engagement
- The lead minister provides guidance and oversight for the church’s ministry, including adult classes, small groups, and Bible studies.
- The lead minister oversees the community care needs of The Dobson Church of Christ including hospital visitations, home visitations, care facility visitations, counseling, baptisms, marriages, and funerals.
- The lead minister is the liaison between the Leadership Team, Ladies Circle, and Praise Team.
Qualifications and Skills
- The right candidate must meet the qualifications of Elder as outlined in scripture: be spiritually mature, loyal, and steadfast in the truth that the Bible is the final authority.
- The lead minister would have earned a degree in biblical studies or theological studies from an accredited institution.
- The lead minister must value the culture of the Dobson Church of Christ and have a heart for community outreach.
- The right person for the position must exhibit exceptional Biblical knowledge and possess the wisdom to apply it with sound judgment.
Dobson Church of Christ pays a salary complementary to other churches in the area. Health insurance, travel expenses, a work computer, and a work phone are included in the hiring package.