Teaching children to know God and make him known as we reach the next generation for the kingdom of God.
The candidate must be a person who loves God and loves others; someone who desires to see children grow in the Lord. The candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ. They will also have the capacity to lead and develop a safe and growing culture in the children’s ministry culture that surrounds and supports the mission and vision of Gateway Christian Church.
The candidate should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Spiritually mature.
- A good knowledge of scripture.
- Strive to have a next-level ministry heart and mindset.
- Organization and administration.
- Relational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train, recruit, and develop volunteers, as well as delegate tasks.
- Have a passion for outreach: (VBS, camps, etc.).
- Experience in working with or alongside children in a management setting.
- Experience in children’s ministry.
- Preferred, a bachelor’s degree relevant to the ministry position.
- Recruit, develop, and oversee volunteers.
- Plan and execute Sunday morning responsibilities: (Life groups, children’s church, etc.).
- Plan and execute non-Sunday service events: (Mid-week programming, etc.).
- Create a ministry that aligns with the vision of the church: (Through curriculum,
teaching, techniques, etc.).
- Have a strong culture of communication.
- Create intriguing environments for children to learn more about and love God.
- Being aware of cultural trends.
- Strategically set personal goals as well as ministry goals.
- Partnering with parents to assist their children in spiritual development.
- Show interest in the children’s lives beyond the church. (Sporting events, recitals, etc.)
- Communicate with children outside of church on their level. (texting, social media, mail, etc.)
- Additional ministry responsibilities as needed.