The role of the Buffalo Campus Children’s Minister is to oversee all aspects of Grandview’s ministry to children at our Buffalo Campus. This includes our nursery, preschool, elementary, and Crew456 (4th, 5th, and 6th graders.) This role places particular emphasis on spiritual leadership and guidance, as defined by Grandview leadership. The ideal candidate will develop a firm grasp of Grandview’s beliefs, values, vision, and mission, and be able to communicate, implement, and contextualize that vision for children and volunteers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Recruit, maintain, and mentor a strong base of adult volunteers who can help lead the various children’s and Crew456 activities.
- Choose and coordinate appropriate curriculum for Sunday school, Cannonball (our baptism class), Two4Two (Wednesday nights), and other teaching times.
- Plan and lead a variety of learning, recreational, and service-oriented events for children and families.
- Oversee the Child Care Coordinator and work alongside them with the scheduling of Parents’ Night Out and other family events.
- Communicate detailed plans for children and Crew456 gatherings and events to families and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain policies and practices that appropriately vet volunteers and protect children.
- Provide pastoral care for children, their parents, volunteers, and other members of the congregation as needed.
- Proactively seek a personal and church presence in the surrounding community.
- Participate in the planning, oversight, and implementation of all-church activities (such as our Wednesday night program, Two4Two) as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgeting and proactively maintain accountability for expenditures and alignment with budget objectives
- Participation in weekly staff meetings, monthly elders meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Handle additional responsibilities as assigned