The Children’s Minister at JCC is to provide the chief visionary leadership and oversight to the Children’s Ministry (birth – 5th grade). The Children’s minister works with the Senior Minister, Youth and Family Minister, and Elders in accomplishing this task. The Children’s Minister must agree to Jarvisburg Church of Christ’s statement of faith and should be a mature Christian who guards his/her life and doctrine closely (1 Timothy 4:16). In addition, the Children’s Minister should:
– Have a high degree of Biblical literacy (required), Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
– Have Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and in relationships.
– Have a passion for bringing up the youth for Jesus.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
– Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision and ministry of Jarvisburg Church of Christ (JCC).
– Build, train, and develop the Children’s Ministry Team which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers.
– Provide oversight and planning for all aspects of Children’s Ministry programming.