Position Description: Full Time Children’s Minister
The following descriptions are being listed to better inform applicants of this position’s
weekly functions. These competencies, actions, and characteristics are required to
successfully serve in this role at Poplar Ridge during this time. Please consult the
section below along with the job description.
The Role of the Children’s Minister
Poplar Ridge is a multigenerational church that seeks to honor God above all things. We are passionate about mobilizing others to discover and grow in their gifts and relationship with God. The Children’s Minister serves the congregation at PRCC by ensuring we accomplish our vision and mission with children (birth-5th grade) and their families.
The Children’s Minister will be expected to:
- Attend weekly staff meetings in which up-to-date communication of programming and collaboration with other ministry areas/needs is expected.
- Perform or oversee administrative duties needed for the preparation of weekly programs (Ex: preparing classroom supplies, organizing volunteers, etc).
- Maintain weekly office hours (New office hour schedules are created each quarter to respect each season’s different ministry needs. Proposals for preferred office hours are submitted by each staff member for review and are approved by the Lead Minister).
- Look for ways to communicate with parents and encourage families regularly.
- Regularly engage with community organizations for support and encouragement (ex: local schools).
- Work ahead with the intention of fostering creativity.
- Utilize PRCC’s key programs and technology such as Planning Center, Pro Presenter, and possess the capacity to learn how to successfully operate Apple technology (Ex: Macbook/iPads) or other technology and programs as needed.
The Children’s Minister:
- Loves Jesus, the local church, creativity, and collaboration.
- Has a strong work ethic and an attitude of continual improvement.
- Is both a student and a teacher.
- Loves working with children and families.
- Is a planner and can multitask projects.
- Is proactive in communication.
- Models Christ’s love in family and personal relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Ministry degree preferred from a Christian University or College. Absent such a degree, then degrees in the fields of children’s education and development.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Experience teaching/training volunteers.
- An awareness of children’s ministry and church trends
To apply, please click the link above and include a resume along with three references, a picture of yourself, and a philosophy of children’s ministry. The philosophy of ministry should include a brief history of yourself, along with outlines of objectives and methodology for discipline children from birth through 5th grade. Please include strategies for communicating with parents/families, etc.