Tates Creek Christian Church longs to fulfill our God-giving calling to make disciples for Jesus Christ. We strive to do this by seeing people transformed by the power of God into a community of love, discipleship, and service. The Children’s Director at Tates Creek Christian Church will work aggressively to pursue this vision as they minister to children from birth through fifth grade. This person will act as our lead teacher to these young disciples developing programs and ministries that lead our children on a path of spiritual growth in their early years.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Serve as discipleship coordinator of all birth through fifth-grade children’s ministries.
- Develop and implement creative ways of reaching children for Jesus Christ.
- Manage and organize Children’s Ministry as necessary to promote discipleship among the age groupings.
- Visit homes of elementary children and their parents, teaching them and taking an interest in their total life experiences.
- Recruit, equip, and train nursery through fifth-grade volunteers, Sunday School teachers, and other children’s leaders as necessary to promote strong discipleship for the children of the church. Supervise recruitment of volunteers, coordinate their schedules, and keep the church secretaries informed of schedules.
- Work with preschool and elementary children’s group sponsors and Bible School teachers in selecting curricular materials and planning activities and act as a church resource person in recommending educational materials.
- Provide training and verify background checks to all volunteers to protect our children from threats to their physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Ensure that the Child Safety Policy is regularly reviewed, updated, and enforced.
- Work with local elementary schools to promote partnerships and cooperative events.
- Develop, manage, and promote age-appropriate special events, summer camps, and/or retreats preschool for children’s ministry.
- Act as a Vacation Bible School Director and recruit co-directors and staff as needed.
- Work with ministry staff to promote the goals and vision of the Tates Creek Christian Church.
- Work with Finance Team to develop and manage children’s ministries budget.
- Represent Tates Creek Christian Church in area children’s ministry activities.
- Lead Children’s Ministry Team to be an active component of the children’s programming.
- Assist in administration, teaching, hospital calls, and other ministerial duties as directed by the Executive Minister.
- Create a children’s ministry culture that values and promotes discipleship of both children and volunteers.
- Create a loving environment for children where they can feel at home and know they are cared for by all members of the ministry.
- Establish a solid foundation of Christian doctrines, which children can build on as they grow in their faith.
- Develop programming designed to reach lost children and families through outreach and community events.
- Demonstrate a strong and deep Christian faith.
- Compassionate, loving, humble, and a desire to serve
- Experience working with children of all ages, in a ministry or educational setting.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software programs necessary to perform job duties.
- Relational personality who works well in teams.
- Strong teaching skills for both children and adults.
- Ability to identify leaders and build teams around those leaders.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of children’s work and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Confident and able to inspire others to serve.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and strong planning skills.
- A strong commitment to winning lost children to Christ.
- Must have patience and love for children.
- Someone who loves to laugh and have fun.
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback.