The job of the Associate Youth Minister is to provide spiritual leadership for Ten Mile Christian’s Youth Ministries, recognizing that it is not just students who will grow and benefit from such leadership, but also the adults who serve within this ministry and the parents/families who share in the development of our students. This spiritual leadership will involve creativity, fun, and solid Biblical Truths. When we reach a student with the saving knowledge of Christ, we rejoice with that one student, potentially reach a family, and perhaps help shape a community for God’s glory. Youth Ministry is valued as a crucial part of our church body embracing our mission statement in “making disciples who worship, learn and serve”. We aim to help create and nurture a ministry where ALL teens are welcome and find a place to belong.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school closely relating to children/youth and families.
- Degree from accredited Christian school preferred.
- Completed church Internship.
- Formal Biblical training at either the undergraduate or graduate level preferred.
- 2+ years leading or serving consistently in a local youth ministry.
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
- This is a ministerial staff position with all the rights and duties prescribed by the Personnel Policies of TMC.
- Have a pastoral relationship with members and attendees, families, and individuals to assist in ministering to the congregation as a whole.
- Maintain a weekly schedule that includes office/working hours as well as relational connection with congregants, with a Sunday-Thursday work week.
- Possesses and practices a working understanding of Restoration Movement theology.
- Model biblical stewardship.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Associate Youth Minister Responsibilities
- Report to and collaborate with the Youth Minister.
- Collaborate with the Family Ministries Team in serving TMC families as a whole.
- Prayerfully, biblically, and passionately lead the Middle School Ministry.
- Plan, coordinate, and preach for Middle School Sunday services at 10:00am and 11:30am.
- Lead and disciple volunteers for the Middle School Sunday services at 10:00am and 11:30am.
- Collaborate with the Youth Minister in providing a weekly Youth Night for middle and high school students on Tuesday nights from 5:00-9:00pm.
- Preach/teach for the Middle School Ministry while also empowering volunteers to preach/teach.
- Recruit, disciple, and grow adults as Middle School volunteers.
- Travel expected for 2 weeks of summer camp each summer and 2 weekend retreats in the winter.
View the full job description: here